Othniella VINCENT (Miss)
Education background: Biological Sciences (Bsc)
Work Position: Environment Intern
Start Date: 21st October 2021
Have solid academic background in biological sciences and one year of internship, gaining sound skills and experiences in environment impact assessments, management, monitoring that involves data collection, analysis, technical report writing, administration duties and gaining familiarity with stakeholder consultation and negotiations. Underpinned with experience to conduct environment awareness and plant propagation. Currently, taking lead role to update mine closure plan, develop natural environment revegetation plan and selecting legumes for Orokolo Iron Sand Mine Rehabilitation program in Gulf Province.
Key responsibility and tasks as intern
- Undertake flora and fauna assessment surveys for: Environmental baseline, conservation programs, Mine tailings, review of EIA etc.
- Contribute towards drafting Environmental Impacts studies reports: Environmental, Management, Monitoring and Mitigation plans, conservation and environmental protection program and other technical reports
- Mine rehabilitation program: biodiversity revegetation on mine impact sites,
- Administrative duties, presentations at workshops, seminars, publications, presentations, meetings and trainings
- General administrative duties and utilisation of task management tool to develop weekly work plans, field work plans, project related activities plan etc.
- Take lead to update Mayur Iron sand mine closure and rehabilitation plan (Present)
- Contributed to prepare REDD + FPIC materials and did awareness for Kamula Doso Carbon Credit Project areas by Mayur Renewables - 2022
- Contributed to the carbon credit project desktop review for the biophysical aspect- 2022
- Gain survey skills – focus group survey, questionnaire development
- Vetiver Grass Propagation Nursery and monitoring –2022
- Environmental Baseline Results Community Awareness in Orokolo Iron Sand Mine - 2022
- Contributed towards Environmental Management and Monitoring Plan for Mayur Iron Sand Project -2021
- Contributed towards Pre-construction Survey for Mayur Iron Sand Project - 2021
- Undertook flora and fauna assessment surveys for Mayur Iron Sand Mine in Inland Orokolo Environment baseline studies – 2021
- Contributed to the EIA Desktop Review for Mayur Iron Sand Resource Project – 2021