At Social Environmental Research and Consultancy Services Limited, we provide fresh graduates with the opportunity to put into practise their knowledge and skills learned from studies through our internship program. The internship program focuses on exposing the graduates on what is like to be working in the professional working environment while also developing new skills and knowledge. They're not confined only to their field of study but trained to also do tasks outside their field of study. They're supervised by our professional lead officers to ensure they are on track and doing what it takes to be a professional in the working environment.
As a consultant company, we travel out to do field works more often for our clients. Thus, this gives the opportunity to our internship trainees to also gain field work experience. Our interns go out to the fields with their supervisors and collect data whilst learning new skills on how to interact with our clients as well as the people.
Our aim is to help recent graduates develop skills in both their field of study as well as other fields, so that it will enhance their career development goals.
Below is a brief history of our internship program.
- In June 2022, we welcomed on board Miss Sonia Kambuliagen. Miss Kambuliagen graduated with a Bachelor's Degree of Science in Forestry from the University of Technology in year 2022. Miss Kambuliagen will work with our Environmental team in accomplishing our client's needs while at the same time developing her skills and knowledge.
- Our intership program started in October 2021 as we welcomed on board Mr. Awoh Saluali, Miss. Ita Pasi, Georgina Paliau and Miss. Othniella Vincent for two (2) years internship program. We provide intership opportunities to graduates from various universities across the country focusing on human resource development both within and outside our corporate setting.
- Mr. Saluali graduated with a Bachelor of Fisheries and Marine Science Degree from the Papua New Guinea University of Natural Resources and Environment (UNRE). Mr. Sauali will work with our Environmental team to meet our client's needs while he develops his skills and knowledge.
- Miss Pasi graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Work from the University of Papua New Guinea (UPNG) in 2020.Miss Ita works with our Social team to meet our client's needs while at the same time developing her skills and knowledge.
- Miss Vincent graduated with a Bachelor of Biological Science Degree from the University of Papua New Guninea in 2020.Miss Vincent works with our Environmental team to meet our client's needs while at the same time developing her skills and knowledge.
- Miss Paliau graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Science and Geography from the University of Papua New Guinea in year 2021. Miss Paliau works with our Environment team to meet our client's needs while at the same time developing he skills and knowledge.